Kodi lovers rejoice as it can be now installed on iPhone and iPad running on iOS 10 or later. We will tell you how to install it without jailbreak.
Kodi is an open source kind of media center which is available for variety of platforms. From iOS to Windows Phone to Android, you will find Kodi everywhere. But unlike these other platforms, Kodi is not officially available for iOS devices like iPhone and iPad. For this reason, it has to be downloaded from Cydia, which is a jailbreak tweak store.
Many users do not want to jailbreak their devices. They fear that it might make it unstable. Worry not if you are one of them and do not want to jailbreak your iPhone 7 Plus, 6S, SE, iPad Air or iPad Mini. You can simply download and then install Kodi for iOS 10 on your iDevice without jailbreaking it.
How to Install Kodi for iOS 10 on iPhone and iPad without Jailbreak
The reason behind so much love for Kodi is the thousands of plugins available for this tool. With the help of plugins, users can play with Kodi interface and features across all platforms. There are many other apps similar to Kodi like MovieBox etc., but none comes near to it.
Follow the steps below to download and install Kodi on your iOS device:
- First of all download Xcode for your mac from App Store.
- Proceed with Xcode installation after downloading is completed.
- Create free Apple Developer account if you do not already have.
- Download iOS App Signer utility and install it.
- Finally download .deb file of Kodi and place it on your desktop.
- Launch Xcode on your Macbook or iMac.
- Select Application under the iOS tab and proceed next after selecting single view application option.
- In next window, you will be asked to enter the name for product and organization.
- Choose any as per your liking and proceed next.
- Selection location for your project to save it.
- Select Fix Issue button and next window and proceed.
- You will be asked to enter your Apple Developer account details to sign in. Enter the details and continue.
- Once done, launch the iOS App Signer you have downloaded earlier.
- Click on browse and then browse for the file you have created with Xcode.
- Choose that file and proceed.
- Next select Signing Certification option and then click on Start button.
- You will be asked to select location for the file to be saved.
- Maximize Xcode again and from Window tab, click on Devices.
- Make sure you have connected your iPhone/iPad to your Mac and Xcode has recognized it.
- Select that device and click on + button. Browse for the IPA file.
- Xcode will now start sideloading and installation of Kodi for iOS 10 on your iPhone 7 Plus, 6S, SE, iPad Air and iPad Mini.
When everything is completed, you will see Kodi app icon on your iOS device homescreen. Launch Kodi for iOS 10 from there and enjoy watching your favorite TV shows and movies.