Getting Cydia could not open file/var/lib/dpkg/status – open (2: No such file or directory) error after Yalu iOS 10 jailbreak on your iPhone 7 Plus, 6S or 5S?
As you would expect from a beta state jailbreak tool like Yalu102, problems are just popping up for iPhone and iPad owners who have tried to jailbreak iOS 10.1.1 and iOS 10.2. After trying to jailbreak iPhone 7 or 6S or any other Yalu compatible iDevice on iOS 10/10.2, most users are experience different Cydia related error. The most common one is var/lib/dpkg/status issue.
Steps to Fix Could Not Open File /var/lib/dpkg/status in iOS 10 and iOS 10.2
Please note that the fix is simple but you must have some know how of terminal commands of iOS. If you do not have, you might end up bricking your iDevice.
- First of all you need to download iFunbox or any other IPA signer to install the Cydia fix package for this problem. You can also try out Cydia Impactor.
- Now download the Cydia package required to fix this /var/…/status in iOS 10 error.
- Place the downloaded Cydia fix files on your desktop.
- Launch the iFunbox utility on your computer or Macbook. Make sure it is properly running.
- Connect your iPhone 7, Plus, 6S or SE to your computer.
- Go to file explorer -> iBooks.
- Extract the content of Cydia Fix .ipa there.
- When done, drag the whole lib folder there to iBooks library.
- Launch Cydia Impactor. Drag Mobileterminal.ipa file there.
- Enter your Apple ID details when asked to do so and trust the certificates.
- Proceed with installation of Cydia fix /var/lib/dpkg/status.
- When done, launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to General -> Device Management.
- Trust using the button there to accept the certificate.
- When all this is done, you need to launch mobile terminal on your broken Cydia device and enter “su” followed by Enter.
- Next type “alpine” followed by enter.
- Type “cp -R /var/mobile/Media/Books/lib /var” and press enter key.
- At last, type “mkdir /var/log/apt” and that is it.
- Close everything, disconnect your iPhone from your PC.
- Restart it and it should have properly working Cydia.
If your problem still persists, you should try checking your Cydia Substrate. If the problem is still there, try restoring your iPhone 7 or iPad to stock iOS and then try re-jailbreaking it again. When you are no longer getting Cydia could not file var/lib/dpkg/status error in iOS 10 or latest, you can proceed with iFunbox installation.