About a week ago, Electra toolkit was released for iOS 11, 11.1.2 and iOS 11.2 that allowed users to install Cydia tweaks on jailbroken iDevices. In this tutorial, we will teach in you detail about installation of Cydia tweaks, themes and mods using Electra toolkit for iOS 11.
Electra Toolkit is an alternative to Cydia. It is getting famous each day because Cydia is not yet compatible with iOS 11 jailbreak. Until, it is updated by Saurik, this new tool is only an option for Jailbreak tweaks lovers.
Guide to Install Cydia Tweaks using Electra Toolkit
The procedure of using Electra toolkit for installation of Cydia tweaks is pretty simple and straight-forward. Just follow the steps below:
- First of all, make sure that Cydia Substrate is installed on your jailbroken iPhone and is working perfectly.
- Next, you will need to instal Cygwin terminal on your PC.
- After installation of Cygwin, install iOS Toolchain for Windows and transfer its contents to Cygwin directory.
- Now download the Barrel package and open its .deb file using any good file extractor.
- Follow all the instructions of Electra toolkit that are displayed on-screen.
- Download Electra Toolkit for iOS 11.2. (It is also compatible with iOS 11, 11.1 and 11.1.2.
In case you are wondering about the compatibility of your favorite Cydia tweaks, check out the list Electra Toolkit compatible Cydia tweaks at Jailbreak Nerds. Find out if your favorite Cydia tweaks is able to communicate with Electra toolkit for iOS 11 or not.